Crompton Lamps is one of the oldest lamp businesses in the world, founded in 1878 by the late Colonel Crompton, an entrepreneur with an interest in electricity. He designed and installed some of the earliest recorded electric lighting installations at buildings such as Windsor Castle and Holyrood Palace.
In 1927 Colonel Crompton formed a partnership with Frank Parkinson and together they founded Crompton Parkinson which developed into a substantial manufacturing business producing a whole range of industrial electrical products. This business flourished until 1968 when it was acquired by Hawker Siddeley aerospace group where it remained until 1991 when it was acquired by the industrial conglomerate BTR. Crompton Lamps was part of Crompton Lighting; in 1999 Crompton Lighting Ltd was acquired by Cooper Industries and operated under the name of Cooper Lighting and Security Ltd.
Following a review of its strategy, Cooper Industries decided to withdraw from the lamps business and as a consequence Crompton Lamps Ltd. was acquired by its management in January 2006 and relocated to its present site in Bradford.
In October 2011 the business was acquired by GCH Capital Limited. With Crompton Lamps in the group GCH Capital turns over in excess of £60m across a variety of industries.
Today we have a strong business with core values and specific aims:
We believe that our people are the heart of Crompton Lamps and that we have talent, infrastructure and the commitment to serve our customers to the highest standards. We would like to thank our many loyal customers for their support over the years and we welcome new customers and look forward to mutually beneficial long-term relationships.
Registered Office: Unit 2, Marrtree Business Park, Bowling Back Lane, Bradford, BD4 8QE
Registered in England & Wales
Company No. 05590551
VAT No. 783 240 625